Monday, August 11, 2008

Today, we're going to discuss sex and dog poop...

Mark Joyner uses two options - sex or picking up dog poop - when he talks about what you really want to be doing.

The hard cold fact is that owning your own business may be "picking up dog poop" for you. If you don't feel as thrilled by having a business as you do having sex, this may be a sign that you don't want to have your own business.

Having your own business is an addiction and if you aren't getting a high running one, it's going to destroy you. Like most addictions, it may destroy you even if you do love it. The only difference is that if you love what you are doing, you will have a great time on your way to destruction.

So, what are some signs you shouldn't have a business? Try some of these on for size and see if they fit you:

- I can't stand change
- I need a steady paycheck
- I don't really like people
- I can't seem to take action
- I hate to learn new things
- I hate doing sales
- I hate keeping records
- I can't pay the grocery bill next week
- The landlord just kicked me out
- Nobody likes me
- Etc., etc.

Don't worry too much if you find a few things in the list that fit you. A couple of them fit me.

I'm not that crazy about change and I don't like accounting much. I'd be a lot better at business if I loved keeping records and doing sales, but no one is perfect and you don't have to be perfect to be successful.
What you do have to realize is that you have to deal with a lot of the things that are on that list if you want to own your own business, so decide now whether this is how you want to spend a ton of time and money.

Do you want to be doing this even when you would rather be doing something else?

Excerpt taken from Kenneth A MacArthur of jvAlert.com

No comments: