Monday, December 22, 2008

A rebellious Internet millionaire's 10 rules of success


At the recently-concluded Asian Internet Conference (AIC), I attended the brilliant presentation of Jo Han Mok, a renegade who became an Internet millionaire at 26 and below are his 10 rules of success:

1. It can be done!
2. Success is counter-intuitive.
3. Conventional wisdom is usually wrong.
4. Thoughts and actions have consequences.
5. Acknowledge that man in the mirror.
6. Forgive yourself, you are not your mistakes.
7. Nothing personal, it's only business.
8. Success is rarely achieved in a straight line!
9. I don't give a damn about what other people think, except those giving me money.
10. I am the centre of the Universe, it's ok to get my way.

To that, I'd like to add: Be Foolish and Bold! These 2 traits have brought me far and I believe that if I had been more rational and less upfront, I wouldn't be where I am today and my milestone-making new project (more on this later!) would not have materialised!

To find out more about this unconventional Internet millionaire, go to http://www.johanmok.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pearlin,

I like reading your blog posts because I find them to be very motivating and inspirational.

Here is a video about this guy at http://www.badguruscams.com/homepage.php that I googled after reading your post.

I think you will be interested to find out more.

Boss Of Me! said...

Thanks Anonymous for reading my blog :)
These Internet gurus seem to have detractors as well as followers...think it's all part and parcel of their work.
Personally, I feel that people are quick to blame sometimes. They pay the money and expect miracles, even if they don't put in 110% effort. And when things don't work out, they cry foul.